The Innova 3040e Basic Plus OBD2 ScanTool™ is a great little scan tool - intuitive and priced right yet offering higher-end functions as well - like live data and on-screen code definitions.
- Works with any car, light truck, minivan, SUV or hybrid manufactured since 1996 (OBD2) – foreign and domestic.
- Connects to the OBD2 port (usually found under the steering column.)
- Patented, 2.8” all-in-one color display screen shows 20 pieces of vital information all displayed at one time, including diagnostic trouble code(s) and their definition(s) in English, French and Spanish.
- Read and Erase CHECK ENGINE light codes with a click of a button.
- Battery/Alternator test – helps troubleshoot no-start car problems.
- Freeze frame shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, engine coolant temp, etc., at the time the Malfunction.
- Stream real-time live data on the screen.
- Indicator Lamp (MIL) was set.
- Red-Yellow-Green LEDs indicates emissions monitor status. They can also help catch intermittent problems or confirm repairs during a drive cycle.
- 9-button format with HOT KEYS – provide easy access to important information, intuitive navigation.
- Audible beep – alerts when tool is successfully linked to vehicle.
- Automatically refreshes data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle.
- Free software and firmware updates with any Internet-enabled PC or Mac.
- Includes optional access to RepairSolutions® -- the most comprehensive, verified fix information available. Just connect your Innova tool to an Internet-enabled computer to see the most likely fix; estimate parts and labor for your specific geographic region; and see repair difficulty level to help decide if you want to fix it yourself.
- Support available Monday - Saturday (6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Pacific Time) in English or Spanish, from Innova’s California-based team of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-certified technicians.