Part #: M4304
Additional Parts Needed for This Installation:
Tools Needed for This Installation:
Overview: To complete this installation, you will need to remove the intercooler to tap into the vacuum/pressure line for the fuel pressure regulator. You will also need to tap into the dash lighting circuit. Easiest access to this circuit is under the cigarette lighter in the center console. Lastly, you will also need to remove the bolster under the steering column to route the wiring to the gauge.
1. Remove the intercooler by removing the cover, bellows and brackets.
2. Locate the vacuum connection at the intake manifold for the pressure regulator. (See Pic #1) Remove original vacuum hose. Replace it with a short length of 3/16" vacuum hose. Install the tee in it. Install the 1/8" connector and nylon hose to the right angle leg of the tee (See instructions provided with the Autometer gauge on Tee installation.)
3.Route the nylon hose into the passenger compartment as shown and feed it into steering column to the gauge location. ( See Pics #2, 3, 4)
4. Remove the tachometer. (2 screws)
5. Next, you need to provide power and ground for the bulb in the gauge. This can best be accomplished by tapping into the dash lighting circuit at the cigarette lighter in the center console. To access the cigarette lighter circuit wiring, remove the screws in the dash uprights and remove the four screws holding the console. Maneuver the uprights rearward and out. Lift up the console to reveal the wiring to the lighter. (See Pics #4, 5, 7)
6. For illumination power, tap onto the wire going to the bulb at the lighter. For ground feed tap onto the solid brown that plugs onto the outside of the lighter. For power for the gauge, tap onto the center wire. It is best to check the feeds before tapping with a test lamp. Note: you could also get a ground from the dash bolt in picture below. (See Pic. # 9)
7. Route wiring to the column. It is easier to remove the lower dash panel. (See Pics # 6, 8, 9)
8. Clip off the dash mounting studs on the back of the gauge. Install Flexpod Mounting Base to steering column. Install gauge into Gauge Cup and mount gauge and gauge cup to the Flexpod Mounting Base with set screw (see instructions provided with Flexpod and Gauge Cup.) Connect the gauge to the hose using the Right Angle Adapter Piece (M3272) on back of gauge to attach hose. Then, follow the Autometer gauge instructions provided for connecting gauge wiring. Re-install the tachometer.
SIGN UP for the Latest Deals on MINI Parts & MINI News!
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....