Part #: M3204
Included In This Kit:
1. Locate the radio wiring behind the rectangular panel in the right rear of the luggage compartment. If you have a CD player installed, you will need to unplug it and use the CD Player wiring connectors for this installation. (See figure A.)
2. Connect the long cable provided to the matching wiring connector that is located in the right rear.
3. Move the passenger front seat forward. Remove the rear seat by pulling the front edge of the cushion up.
4. Partially remove the right rear inside panel (rear seat area) by using a panel popper and pulling outward. (See figure B.) This panel is held in place by snap in clips. Pull it out enough to allow access behind the panel.
5. Starting at the right rear, feed the cable forward and behind the side panel. (See figure C.)
6. Pull the right front door weather stripping/seal up, revealing the gap under the plastic trim. (See figure D.) Feed the cable into this gap. (See figure E.) Run enough cable to reach behind the glove compartment.
7. Remove the rectangular plug in the rear of the glove box. Cut a notch in the hole to fit the cable. (See figure F.) Feed the cable through the hole and plug it into the inter-phase box. Secure the box to the glove box using screws provided and a Phillips head screwdriver. (See figure G.)
8. Plug the remaining cable into the box and then into your iPod. You can then leave the iPod in the glove box or place it in a handy Gripmatic Portable Device Mount for MINI Cooper Cupholder for easy access and convenience. (Part # 8868, sold separately.)
9. Leave any excess cable wire in the right rear area. Snap the side panel back in place and re-install the rear seat and weather strip/door seal.
SIGN UP for the Latest Deals on MINI Parts & MINI News!
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....