Resetting MINI Cooper & Cooper S Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
The MINI Cooper Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is designed to warn you when the tire pressure significantly drops below the recommended pressure in any one tire. This system works in tandem with the MINI’s ABS brakes system to monitor tire pressure. Any time you change your tires or adjust tire pressure, the TPS system should be reset.
To reset the system, the first step is to set all the tire pressures to the recommended pressures. You will find these pressures on a sticker attached to the door opening with the driver’s door open.
Resetting the TPMS on MINI Cooper & Cooper S vehicles from 2002 – 2006 (and Convertibles up to 2008):
- Locate the reset button positioned in front cabin on the emergency brake handle.
- Turn the ignition to position 2, press and hold the reset button until the yellow indicator on the dash lights up for a few seconds.
- The vehicle is now ready to recalibrate the TPS system on your next drive. After a few minutes of driving, the system will calibrate to the newly-installed or adjusted tires and properly set the pressures to be monitored.
Resetting the TPMS on MINI Cooper & MINI Cooper S vehicles from 2007 – On (excluding Convertibles):
- Begin by starting the engine. Push the button on the end of the turn signal lever until “SET/INFO” is displayed in the dashboard vehicle message center (next to your odometer display.)
- Press and hold the button until the message changes and continue scrolling through messages by pushing the button until you see the tire monitor symbol and reset is displayed.
- Press and hold the button until the display changes. The monitoring system is now initialized.
- The vehicle is now ready to recalibrate the TPS system on your next drive. After a few minutes of driving, the system will calibrate to the newly-installed or adjusted tires and properly set the pressures to be monitored. (The system DOES NOT display a notification once the reset is complete.)
More information on this process can be found in your owner’s manual.
Back To Main Tech Tips Page
SIGN UP for the Latest Deals on MINI Parts & MINI News!