A Seattle-area MINI dealership came to the rescue of over twenty displaced rescue animals when a neighboring animal shelter and emergency treatment facility caught fire.
The fire at the shelter took place Monday, December 17th at around 3:30pm, the same time MINI employee Chuck Hill noticed smoke coming out of the roof of the animal shelter building next door. It was clear that the animals would need to be evacuated, so Hill and his coworkers opened the door to their dealership, providing temporary refuge for the needy pets.
Fortunately, the dealership was a pet-friendly facility, so water bowls and treats were in supply and available in the lobby. The animals stayed at the facility for about two hours before it was deemed safe to return to the shelter.
The fire was caused by a faulty clothing dryer.
SIGN UP for the Latest Deals on MINI Parts & MINI News!
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....