Resetting the MINI Oil Indicator
If you do your own oil changes, this is a helpful tip to keep in mind. Typically, it is best to wait until your dealer maintenance service warranty expires, as an ‘owner’ reset could result in a missed oil change, particularly if the dealer checks the indicator it does not believe an oil change is due.
- Locate the trip odometer button and depress and hold.
- Insert the key into the ignition and partially turn into the first position.
- Pay attention to the trip odometer to display the word ‘RESET’.
- Release the trip odometer button, then press & hold it again.
- The ‘RESET’ message will flash.
- Release the button, and then press & release again (once only)
- The service interval is now reset to 10,000 miles
Back To Main Tech Tips Page
SIGN UP for the Latest Deals, Exclusive Offers & MINI News!
M-Th 8am-7pm (Fri 6pm) Eastern
Please wait while we calulate your shipping cost.....