Part #: 220.127.116.11.367
Included In This Kit:
For this cable kit installation, you will be using the auxiliary input of the radio. It will be necessary to remove the radio to access the input.
1. Access and remove the four Phillips screws securing the center console. Remove the front ash trays to reveal the front two screws. Carefully, using a panel popper, pry up the mirror and seat heater switch panel (See figure A., B., BB.). This will allow you access to the other two screws.
2. Remove the screws securing the fascia uprights using the T-40 Torx Wrench. On the drivers side, you will need to drop the under dash by pulling it down. On the right side, open the glove box. This will allow you access to the screws. (See figure C., D.).
3. Slide the console rearward until you can remove the uprights. This will allow access to the four screws that secure the radio. Remove these four radio console screws using the T-20 Torx Wrench. (See figure E.).
4. Slide the radio out, revealing the connections at the rear of the radio. Pull the bail and rotate it to release the connectors (See figure F.). Locate the empty area for the auxiliary connector plug. (See figure G.) Install the auxiliary cable in this spot. (See figure H.) Plug in the main connector and rotate the bail to secure the main connector to the radio.
5. Route the cable to the glove box area using the instructions included with the cable. (See figure I.) Position auxiliary input mounting face on back of glovebox interior. Using the mounting face as a template, mark the three drill holes shown on the mounting face inside the glovebox. Then, use a drill and 5/16" drill bit to drill a pilot hole for the large center input and a 1/16" bit for the two side screws. Push rear connector piece through mounting face through the mounting hole. Then, attach into mounting face by threading connector top onto threads of rear connector. (See figure J.)
6. You can remove the glove box by removing the five screws that hold it to the dash. In our installation, we were able to mount the cable without removing the glove box.
7. Secure loose cable to existing wire looms behind radio with wire ties provided. Reinstall the radio, uprights, glove box (if removed) and console.
SIGN UP for the Latest Deals on MINI Parts & MINI News!
Please wait while we calculate your shipping cost.....